Everyone makes mistakes. When a doctor or other medical professional makes a mistake that hurts their patient, it is called medical malpractice. Medical malpractice occurs when a physician or other health care provider violates the standard of care in treating a patient.
Examples of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose, or misdiagnosis of a disease or medical condition;
- Failure to provide appropriate treatment for a medical condition;
- Unreasonable delay in treating a diagnosed medical condition;
- Failure to consult with a specialist;
- Failure to advise the patient of all known risks;
- Failure to keep adequate records.
Medical malpractice can cause life-altering negative consequences in terms of pain, disability as well as psychological suffering. We represent clients so they can receive compensation for the injuries they sustained as a result of a medical error.